56.1% of the world’s population is on the internet.
By regions the internet traffic look like this:
If these numbers mean anything to you, you might want to use this opportunity to reach out to those people.
Below are a few tips for you to optimize your strategy.
1 Make your website mobile friendly
58% of traffic on websites was through mobile and tablet use in 2018. In 2019 this has only gone up. In such an environment having a website that does not efficiently work on mobile is the death of your digital marketing.
Make this the first thing on your list. In fact if you’ve been around for a while we hope you’ve already done it. If not, don’t tell us we don’t want to know.
2 Don’t take blogging lightly
Blogging can get people’s attention and help you build a relationship through expressing your views or talking about ideas related to your service.
There’s also the discussion around the long tail of blogging, but that is just that for now- a discussion. Both sides have their opinions. If you don’t know, it basically revolves around niche marketing. We will dedicate a full post to that topic.
For now we will only tell you that blogging can be responsible for up to 80% of the traffic you get. So don’t take it lightly.
3 Be quick to respond to email subscribers
Let them know you value their attention. When someone subscribes to your newsletter or something, make sure an automated email responds to them right away. You want them to feel welcome and like you’re on top of things.
There’s nothing more off putting for a potential customer than unresponsiveness. Don’t leave that space for uncertainty or confusion. Be prepared for email correspondence in advance.
Remarketing is what it sounds like; ‘marketing again’. So with this you’re either reaching out to old customers or you’re remarketing something to a visitor who might just be about to leave your website.
To drive this point fully home we present to you some statistics:
- It is possible to raise conversion rates by 161% though Google remarketing campaigns. The number is so specific because it happened for a company called Tirendo.
- 3 out of 5 prospects will pay attention to ads they saw on another page before.
- Only 3% people are ready to buy the first time they visit your website. The rest 97% can be remarketed (in fact should be remarketed) to.
- The average engagement for an ad that had 0.07% the first round, when retargeted will most likely be 0.7%.
There are other numbers we could throw your way but these will suffice for now.
5 Create brand identity
The two main ways you can do this in the digital times is through establishing your brand’s symbols (creative markers) and content marketing. By creative markers we mean your logo, your brand’s main colors, the mascot (if there is one. We suggest having one). Make sure these are everywhere in your advertising and marketing campaigns so they become recognizable.
The second thing is content marketing. This too is very useful in building a relationship with the audience and establishing a digital presence. Use your platform to connect. We always say that your presence and postings shouldn’t always be about the sell. Leave some to increase engagement.
6 Study buyer analytics
These will help you figure out when someone left, or when most people left. That means at that page you lost their interest. Adapt your website design accordingly.
You can also see the amount of time they spent on the different pages. This will help you figure out what works and what doesn’t.
Digital marketing, and in fact all marketing, is about observing, learning, and evolving. Don’t shy away from having to make changes once everything is set if there’s a chance that it might result in more conversions.
7 Attractive landing pages and CTAs
This is digital marketing 101 but we thought we’d say it anyway, for good measure. It is also advised to increase the number of your landing pages.
Your Calls to Action should be catchy and make things look easy and simple. The more complicated a process is, the less likely people are to commit. Don’t assume at any point that the prospect will go the distance on their own. You need to take their hand and take them to the end.
At the end of the day it’s all about understanding your target audience and personalizing your strategy to their pain points. The key to being present at the right place at the right time is to be present everywhere and make yourself as accessible as you can.
Most people will not convert as soon as they see an ad from you. You need to remarket to them enough so they know you’re around. If at any point, they want to buy make it easy for them to think of you.